State Legislature Overrides Henry
Veto of Bipartisan
Lamb said he wanted to correct a factual error that was contained in the governor’s veto message that was sent to the Legislature Wednesday night.
“Gov. Henry was factually inaccurate in his assertion that this bill forces victims of rape and incest to view an ultrasound of their unborn baby. The bill in no way forces a woman to view the ultrasound that is conducted before an abortion,” Lamb stated.
Senate Bill 1878 is authored by Senator Todd Lamb, R-Edmond, and Representative Pam Peterson, R-Tulsa.Summary of SB 1878:
· Creates the Freedom of Conscience Act which protects the rights of healthcare providers to refuse to take part in the destruction of human;
· Regulates the use of the dangerous chemical pill RU-486, used when the unborn child is about two months old;
· Ensures the mother’s consent to abort is truly voluntary, and protects against coerced abortions;
· Provides a woman with an ultrasound of her unborn child which she can view, but is not required to view, prior to undergoing the abortion;
· Cultivates respect for disabled children by banning the wrongful-life lawsuits that claim a baby would have been better off aborted.