I think I have touched on this question in the past but it still gets asked of me occasionally. The answer is yes. We can and do work traffic anywhere in Oklahoma on public roadways. Even private ones if there is an injury. I try not to actively work in towns that have police departments since my area of direct responsibility are rural highways and county roads but I always handle offenses that happen in front of me regardless of where they are. Most troopers I know are the same way. It still amazes me that there are a few people out there who actually do not understand I can work on any publicly maintained roadway. If built with taxpayer money it is a public road. County roads, state and U.S. highways and city streets are all publicly funded and maintained. There is no law anywhere that says I can not work where I want to work. I never thought the term “State Trooper” was all that hard to understand…………….

Trooper Duane Johnson #280

Oklahoma Highway Patrol

Go To Top


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s